Monday, September 1, 2008

Microsoft receives patent for "PgUp" key

PgDn, too.
The software giant applied for the patent in 2005, and was granted it on August 19, 2008. US patent number 7,415,666 describes "a method and system in a document viewer for scrolling a substantially exact increment in a document, such as one page, regardless of whether the zoom is such that some, all or one page is currently being viewed".
If you read the ZDNet article, they offer you a picture of the original IBM PC keyboard. From 1981.

I'd add something snarky, but I think that this came pre-mocked.

Hat tip Slashdot.

1 comment:

ASM826 said...

If they wanted a patent for that in 1981 or 1982, I would understand. Allowing them a Patent for something that comes on every keyboard manufactured makes no sense.

But I'm now working on a new design for a gun, it will have an innovative feature I'm going to call a trigger. I'll patent it and make a bundle.